Florida Keys or Bust: A Celebration of Tourism
Thursday, May 16, 2019 ● 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Islander Resort Conference Center
Join us as we look back at our community’s tourism roots while enjoying delicious food, fun libations, classic games and shopping to benefit the Florida Keys History and Discovery Foundation.
The night includes:
- Laid-back reception and classic games such as ping-pong, horseshoes and badminton on the Tarpon Terrace and Great Lawn.
- Special presentation Florida Keys or Bust: A History of Tourism at 6:15 p.m., by Cori Convertito, Curator, Key West Art & Historical Society.
- Pop-up shopping provided by Cheeca Lodge & Spa Signature Store and Theater of the Sea with a portion of sales donated to the Foundation.
- View vintage postcards from local collector Allen Brock and items reflective of the history of tourism in the Upper Keys from the Keys History & Discovery Center vault that have not previously been on display.
- Raffle tickets are on sale now, $5 each or $20 for five, to win your choice of five fun Keys gift baskets that locals will love! Need not be present to win. Purchase raffle tickets online.
Islander Resort Historic Walk
Every Thursday at 10:00 a.m.
$15 Local Guests – $10 Islander Resort Guests
82100 Overseas Highway, Islamorada
Tour begins at Islander Resort lobby
Take a historic walk through the Islander Resort with Keys History & Discovery Center Curator Brad Bertelli.
From its beginnings as a Pinder family homestead to the evolution of the 25-acre Islander Resort, the scenic locale has more than a few stories to tell and Brad, our resident historian, has more than a few to add. The tour ends at the Keys History & Discovery Center where the histories and stories continue.
For more information call the Islander Resort at 305-307-3733.
Save the Date for A Night at the Museum 2019
Saturday, November 16, 2019 from 6 –11 p.m.
at Keys History & Discovery Center, located at the Islander Resort, MM 82.